View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:08 PM       
I think this story matters not in terms of it's particulars, like who got hurt, if a law was broken (and I think at this point it's clear one was), if all the leakers broke the lawe knowingly, etc.

Where the story matters in my opinion, lies in what it shows about the administration in general. First, they were willing to enage fully in the personal destruction of their political enemies at a time when their efforts really should have been focused on more weighty matters, and second, it shows how rabid they were on supporting a uranium claim that they almost certainly knew was false. It's illustrative of how they moved the country toward war, ie. they 'fixed the facts'.

The administration performs more like a gang of thugs than even Nixons gang of thugs. Their strategy is to say 'old news, old news, yawn'. But to me if the news is that ones country is run by liars and thugs and that their thuggery has lead to the deaths of thousands and the destabilzation of a very volatile region... well, that story won't get old for me until what we as a nation have allowed to happen really sinks in.