Thread: Rockwell...
View Single Post
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 06:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Suf
Thanks for the advice Dole, and Supafly, maybe it's just my excessive paranoia, but I have a hunch that u might not really be curtis mayfield, but just in case you are, I'll try to share some ideas with you (I can't really think of any right now, I love your music but I think I'm fresh out of concepts, maybe if I do some brainstormin ill come up with sumthin, but I'm struggling). (Glad to hear your ok Mike)
Heh, I know that most people don't believe it at first, but I really am. After my bitter anger from not being hired to do the soundtracks for "Superfly T.N.T." and in 1990 "The Return of Superfly" my career has been sliding down that destitute highway of hasbeens, but both movies failed miserably at least (because it wasn't MY music).
After 3 marrages and 5 children (all grown, 2 being musicians and the other 3 shame me), you really have other things to worry about. I still speak at arts schools and NAACP meetings from time to time to keep me going, but I really need to get back in the groove. These kids today don't know how to exploite themselves properly, and the stereotypes are starting to fade.
I hope to work with you sometime in the future. I was just in my basement studio, considering going back into the biz. Maybe I can call up Issac Hayes too and see if he wants in on this.