View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 03:55 PM       
I could.

My feeling is that none of these forums are for being serious, becuase they're all Mockery. The two things aren't exclusive and there's as much serious debate here as there always is, it's just currently punctuated with a lot of chin music.

I feel one of the best ways to adress serious issues is comedy. I think the best thing to do when confronted with something really awful is laugh, if you can.

It's like that Star Trek episode where Kirk and the Klingon guy stop fighting and laugh at the creature of pure energy of the week that's been feeding off their fighting. Laughing at evil shit robs it of potency.

I do honestly concider what you and Helm have said. But it's not like you should feel compelled to read threads that are wholly dedicated to mocking Vinth. You know which ones they are, skip 'em. If you feel his foo-fah, or mine for that matter is muddying a thread, ignore it and respond to the last intelligent post.

I use the boards for language/comedy/communication experiments. Some of that is straight debate. But most of it isn't. Sure, this could be a flamewar and would be, if not for the fact that Vinth takes himself seriously, and sees himself as a very brilliant political animal. That means he need to be mocked here, in the politics forum.

I explain this at length out of respect. But I am who I am. Love me, love my dog. Know what I'm saying?