View Single Post
Seeker of Clams
Blue Gularis is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 12:06 AM       
Chojin,

I don't feel at all presumptuous asking for people to follow the forum rules- I read them and I try to follow them. I see from what you state that they are really more suggestions than rules. Thanks for clarifying that 'people who have been around for years' really don't have to follow them. I get how things work now!

Getting Guitar Woman banned seriously wasn't my plan, although I would certainly enjoy it. He is the one who showed up in my PM box which was the last straw for me and it sounds like you might take that somewhat seriously. For my part that is what pushed me to where we are here.

What I'd like to see is people like Guitar Woman moderated. I really don't consider an 'Ignore List' to be a substitute for responsible moderation. The 'ignore list' is pretty much putting one's head in the sand, you can't watch your back like that.

You say you don't want to see new people leave- sorry, I am so not very convinced! I've seen several come and go in the short month+ I've been here- always after Guitar Woman or his posse called them various combinations of 'stupid, ugly,faggot, awful, fucked up', etc. These attacks are unwarranted and unfunny. Obviously they can't get the difference between a humorous and tasteful mock and just plain mean shit-talk. Anyway, it's happening, people are leaving but it seems like it's actually a private party so I guess that's good for them- talk about a circle jerk.

Fuck me, how's this for coming right out and saying it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I take it back, having new people here is a shitty idea.

I'm staying because I respect Imock, protoclown and Burbank and I like their work. You've got those guys attracting new people with their art and artless people driving them away almost as fast! These forums frankly aren't much fun because of this, a shame really. For my part if I want abuse I'll call my dominatrix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
....whether or now GW is one of my bestest internet buddies in the whole wide world:
1. That's really neither here nor there.
2. Don't be a queer.
3. Yes.
***(snipped)
Well, I posted this to call Guitar Woman's bluff and it looks like I lost that hand. Who'd a thunk it?
1. It became 'here' after Guitar Woman played the 'Chojin is my best buddy' card'.
2. Queer? I'm not Guitar Woman's friend!
3. I will try not to revise my opinion of you downward too drastically. Do you have any other venomous pets I should be aware of?

All in all I do have to admit it was a pretty fun firefight and I wasn't bored... The Cartoon Amalgamators defended their honor implacably. I give DuFlabhands a miter of respect for actually photoshopping a mock rather than just repeating the same obnoxious whiny shit over and over like Guitar Woman- that dude is fingernails on the chalkboard. How about a shorter leash, please?

Thanks for telling me how things really are here Chojin, I do appreciate your candor. If I have further problems I'll be sure to let you know- somehow I don't foresee that happening.