View Single Post
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 08:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co....html?r=sports

Apparently, Tressel knew about the tatoo thing since April.

His defense as I read it elsewhere was he was informed of this at the time by a lawyer via letter and thought is was supposed to be part of a later deposition so he kept quiet.

All that being said, he did get a sizable fine and a 2 game suspension. The writer of the previous article is whining though saying he should be fired and that other coaches would have been.

How often do coaches get fired though over things like this? Not very, and there are violations all the time. They didn't fire Dick Rod from MU for his practice violations. (he had to suck for multiple seasons to get fired) I can't help but notice Gene Chizik is still employed after the Cam Newton thing. To say other coaches would be fired is an absurd anti OSU agenda driven statement. And where was this 'journalist' when Pete Caroll ran like a coward to the NFL mere days before the NCAA dropped the hammer on USC? I don't recall seeing any take from Dick Weiss, or anyone else in the sports media for that matter, on what was clearly a coach fleeing from what he caused. At least Tressel stayed and faced the NCAA, he didn't suddenly take a job at San Fransisco.
It was explicitly noted, hell it was even underlined, in Tressell's contract that he must notify his superiors if any wrongdoing has been committed, blah blah, etc. He broke the terms of his contract with his employer and that is cause for termination.

As for as Chizik is concerned, he did nothing wrong. The issue with Newton and his pimp father regarded his recruitment by Mississippi State, not Auburn. Auburn's house of cards will come tumbling down in due time (for other nefarious reasons) but as far as we know Chizik's hands were clean of the Newton mess.

Carroll's situation can't be used as precedent here either as his issues were all speculation. In all likelihood he probably knew about the Bush fiasco but the only evidence they had that implicated anyone on the USC staff was some dirt onthe RB coach I believe (who was fired after). I could be wrong on specifics but i'm pretty sure it went down this way.

Tressell's case is much different because we have actual emails that prove his wrongdoing. Add that to the contract terms I mentioned prior and you have actual evidence that implicates him, not mere speculation.

For what it's worth, i've generally rooted for OSU football as I HATE Michigan and they are the only B10 team that consistently competes in the Top 10 but the sweater vest was busted red handed this time. The NCAA does not take kindly to being lied to and I hope they come down even harder on Tressell for it.

Tressell is no different than many other dirty coaches and his actions have proved that, not an anti-osu bias.