View Single Post

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 11:11 AM        Ha ha yeah...
Kev,
Come on now. I'm not saying there aren't more like those guys out there. Just as I'm sure you're not saying the represent the majority of folks out there. Regardless, these guys are not policy makers. They are not dispute settlers. The bulk of the interaction with the Iraqi people will be done by the leadership, not Billy Bob Marine from Birhmingham Alabama. But go figure. There are some uneducated people in the military! Dear god!

Ranxer,
Don't presume for one second to tell me about reality, expecially in the context of the military. How funny that you would think so highly of your opinion that you would TELL me what reality is. I can tell you from 7 years of experience that while there certainly are those types of people out there, they absolutely do not represent the majority. As for demonizing your enemy, once again, your "reality" is shit if you ask me. What do you know about demonizing an enemy?

Let me put it to you like this. When I moved back to California a few years ago I told the movers that if they scratched my big screen tv I'd kill them. My tv is scratched, yet the movers are still alive. When a soldier who's faced combat for several weeks says "We should nuke them all", it's not a literal phrase. Just like saying, "This thread is gay". Clearly this thread has no homosexual tendencies. It's simply a statement of anxiety.