View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 11:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco View Post
And now he has footage of him being ambushed attacked and assaulted by Western Infidels. Which could have been avoided by not extending the invitation in the first place.

While I'm glad Columbia stuck it to him, it is somewhat pointless. So you told him he is a tyrant, petty dictator, and a whole other bunch of nasty and true things with all the tact of a Rosie O'Donnell ambush interview. For what? What was gained by it?

Does he see the light now?

Do you think this will change things one iota?

And just out of curiosity, is there somewhere I can see the video? Just because I think it was useless doesn't mean it doesn't sound like fun.
From what I've heard, it was more tactful than a Rosie ambush. In fact, he said things I think any good liberal would say. When I hear politicians speaking about having talks with guys like him, I envision a bunch of protocol that comes off as ass-kissing if not downright fawning... maybe some back-room dealing in which everybody loses. What Bollinger said in his introduction was, in my opinion, quite simply great. Let him speak for the American Left. Our Democrat politicians were pissing their pants over Bush's "Axis of Evil." Bollinger went way farther than that. He got down and dirty and for fucking once actually spoke some truth to some power. Good for him.

The fact that doing so changed nothing is the best part, Blanco. I don't know Lee Bollinger personally, but if we can judge where he stands by his enemies, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity surely see him as a veritable icon of the left's intelligensia/castrati. You guys on the right that begrudge even acknowledging Ahmadinejad can now point to this as the time the Left got to handle something just as they wished and nothing came of it. Talking to dictators now, officially, does not work, so the only option left is, of course, turning the whole place to glass.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!