View Single Post
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 01:08 AM       
Talking about driving up a 90° angle is pretty hardcore, but if you absolutely have to undertake a totally badass act of genius where you drive 120 mph then do it in such a way that leads to mid-air rotation so you land upside-down in a convertible with the top down.

Or so I hear that such is pretty hardcore.

I think somebody mentioned that car/slope thing a long time ago, but only now did that spring to mind.

It reminded me that when I was at King's Island many years ago with MY BESTEST BUDDY DENISE we were in line for one of those rides that's just a guided/cushioned free fall when you sit in a round structure around a tower.

Anyways, there was a sign that indicated "100% SLOPE" as if it were one of those roadside signs you see in the mountains. I pointed out that a 100% slope by the convention they were using was actually only a 45° angle, not the 90° that they wished to imply. DENISE and I got into an argument over whether or not I was right (which I am), and I had to explain that the trigonometric procedures they use to come up with that number would be impossible to apply meaningfully to a free fall because you'd have to divide by zero pretty early in the game.

Looking back, I wondered, "huh, I guess they didn't have any engineers involved in the construction of this ride", and then I was horrified.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT