View Single Post
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 10:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
hi jake, i stopped reading your post here. publishers do not tend to accept unsolicited manuscripts, they get sent into a "slush pile" and are never responded to. no legitimate publisher would take half of your manuscript, read it and tell you it needs work.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that depend on the publisher? I mean I'm sure the odds aren't great but it's still possible.

Quote:
you're lying. if you really did write a book and were serious about having it published then you would have researched it just a little and you would know that you would have to write query letters to literary agents who (if interested) would then request a copy of your manuscript. if they like it, they would then forward it to an editor or two, THEN your literary agent acting on your behalf would send copies of your manuscript out to publishing houses. that's standard procedure in australia, too. you would never even speak to a publisher unless they were interested in buying your book, i refuse to believe that any aspiring writer would not know that.
Eh, like I said it depends on the literary agent/publisher. I've seen agents that want you to contact them first then send in samples and ones who want you to include a few pages straightaway. There are people who skip literary agents all together and people who publish their own work.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.