View Single Post
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 10:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that depend on the publisher? I mean I'm sure the odds aren't great but it's still possible.
yes, i suppose it is possible but as you said it's not realistic. i should clarify, by publishers, i am referring specifically to reputable publishing houses. not exclusively major ones - just legitimate ones. if jake were as serious about writing as he portrays himself to be he would not have done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
Eh, like I said it depends on the literary agent/publisher. I've seen agents that want you to contact them first then send in samples and ones who want you to include a few pages straightaway. There are people who skip literary agents all together and people who publish their own work.
i've also noticed this, they all seem to have various preferences, like for example some agents only accept query letters via snail-mail to deter those who are not serious about it. this way, it prevents them from being stuck on an email forwarding list of every single agent in the business. on the flip side, a lot of agents only accept email query letters because they're easier to keep track of (and possibly due to a fear of anthrax)
so yeah, as you said, it really just depends. the basic idea still stands though, if you want your book published, there is a proper way to have it done. jake would have known, a publisher would have known, therefore i don't believe this happened.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE