View Single Post
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 10:10 PM       
Nick is my Secret Santa this year! And sent me this package.

The note informed me that this was but one gift of 4 that would be arriving in the coming days and to wait until all were received before opening them.
And let me tell you, it's torture to wait when there's nothing but sheer willpower keeping you from tearing open each gift the moment it arrives. But wait I did.

So now that I have the rest, let's open them up and take a look!

And the first one is the "Ultimate Book of Bizarre Lists"! And to give you guys a sample I will now read you three random facts from this awesome book.

"The Romans not only had guard dogs, they, like many of us, had 'Beware of Dog!' signs attached to their walls. In Latin. This reads Cave Canem."

"Assassin Spiders are found in Madagascar and parts of Africa and Australia, these bizarre predators have long necks designed to support the weight of their enormous jaws, and they feed almost exclusively on other spiders, hence their name. They're also completely harmless to humans"

"Only in Japan would a toy like this be developed. This toy is a bag filled with an anatomically correct woman who had been chopped into pieces. She comes complete with blood oozing out of her wounds and blood splatters on her face."

Not bad huh? But on to the other gifts!

Two Super Mario candy tins! In this case a Super Mushroom and a Question Block.

It's difficult to see in the photo, but the Question Block actually does have Super Mario coins inside it.
Now if only I had a macro lens to show you guys.

Oh, there you go.

And last but not least, we have a tin robot that's "NOT A TOY" and is "FOR ADULT COLLECTORS ONLY".
While I'm certainly far more likely to swallow a small part, or stab myself with a sharp point than any child I know, I do technically qualify as an adult. So let's open it up!

Wow! He's an awesome wind-up tin robot! Look at all of the details in him.

Here's a side view so you can see that he actually moves his arms. So cool.

Ah, look at him. So excited! I don't have the heart to tell the poor little fellow that he'd only be able to rule us for a couple weeks.
The Mayans are coming and are going to make Superman fly around the world backwards in an attempt to go back to 1985 so he can try New Coke. Or something like that.

Now, are you ready to see him in action?

Rule us with a tiny tin fist, little dude!

Big thanks to Nick for all of the awesome things!
Merry Christmas, everyone!