Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 07:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
Quote:
Controversial film-maker MICHAEL MOORE is planning to make a hard-hitting documentary
Man, thats a real loose defenition of the word.
okay, i hate to do this, because I really don't have much of a dog in this fight, but Blanco, I'd like for you to tell me what are generally regarded as some of the greatest documentaries of all time, and then tell me how "non-partisan" and objective they were.
Honestly, I have no desire to drag this out right now, either, but I'll put it like this.

There is a difference between partisan (which is pretty much guarenteed when a human being is involved) and what he does. Partisan means you're showing things from your point of view and shining the light the way you want to.

What he does is butchering facts and ............. well, we agreed we won't do this.

Quote:
I can understand disliking Moore for his liberal (in the true sense of the word) use of facts. You and I had it out over that a while back, and I don't particularly feel like doing that again.
I think you're using the word "fact" rather liberally.

Quote:
However, it really bothers me to see people jump on him as a documentarian, as if the style he used was not true to form. Well what the heck is the litmus test you're using? Should every documentary be like a special on crayfish that you'd see on PBS at 4:30 am???
No, but they should be able to stand up to scrutiny. The maker should be able to say more than "oh, those are just whacko nazi republicans going after my work." He should be able to answer issues that shake the underlying principal of his work instead of just dismissing it as nitpicking.

Anyway, that was only part of my point and I'm willing to drop it.

My issue is he seems to be more interesting in sticking it to Bush (who does share a large portion of the blame) rather than actually figuring out how it actually happened and what can be done to fix it. It comes off as spitting bile and feeling self satisfied in pointing a finger rather than you know..........

SOLVING THE PROBLEM

And its not just Moore that does this. O'Reilly, Hannity, Franken and any other talking head on TV.