View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 12th, 2006, 02:10 PM       
"max, what exactly is wrong with his writing skills?"
-Eye Tie

"You could have easily come out of an Afghanistani woman and ended up overzealous and preached to your entire life as such, and brainwashed by a local regime come to view characters as ibn Laden as heroes. "

"Furthermore, it is just a situation where we need to find some resolution to the issues that we faced, and to do that, we cannot keep men around in cages for 20 years waiting military tribunals that are questionable at best."
-Kultureclub

I have seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. In IMAX! Wonka says 'stop mumbling' to Mike TV because he doesn't like the content of what he's saying. It's a joke. He pretends to be unable to hear things he doesn't like, and blames the speaker. I've sighted two threads, one in which Kluttercub argues that Gitmo detainees need trials and that true Republicans ought to agree, and one in which he argues that people mistakenly believe that Greece in it's heyday thought Homosexuality was A OK. Or something. I agree with one of these opinions, and the other one... well, honestly I can't totally get a hold of what he's trying to say. It's either about ancient Greek Homos or people who justify homosexuality by way of Ancient Greek Homos. I 'hear' both posts perfectly well. Okay, not so much the greek one, but it has nothing to do with his viewpoint which I'm sure is in their somewhere and has something to do with think poorly of Homos.

I have three complaints.
1.) I think his writing is awful. Not a sin in and of itself.
2.) He thinks himself far too erudite. He's aping a style, and not that well. Also not a sin in and of itself
3.) He's very whiny about no one careing to take him seriously, and he thinks it's because of the content of what he's saying, and how very bold and shocking it is to liberal like us. That's extremely egotistical.

In addition he is a Boobie. He wants to leave the army not out of boredom, not for reasons of policy, not to explore other options or spend more time with his family or avoid getting killed or even because he feels the army no longer provides whatever life experience he desires. They won't let him tattoo his hands and face. And he wants to be a college professor. So he can better fight the culture war. Which he believes is more dangerous than terrorsim. He's not a mumbler, he is a doofus or a fake, but fakes usually can't fake his extremely individual phrasing.

Alo, I'm pining for Vinth.