View Single Post
Forum Virgin
Mojomajik9 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 07:13 AM       
Jaws is one of my favorite movies of all time and I agree the Quint character is fantastic, but I have to disagree with you. The best part of Jaws is the opening sequence. It sets the tone for the entire movie and till this day still makes me not want to go swimming. When that chick first gets yanked under water and she bobs back up to the surface, trying to get her breath and is obviously terrified out of her mind--oh man. Then Jaws pulls her from side-to-side before she disappears forever. That was brutal.

I think Jaws has to be a top 5 horror movie. It stands the test of time, and unlike many horror movies, there's a great deal of plausibility in the flick. Plus, the book was very loosely based on the 1917(or there abouts) events off the Jersey shore, where a shark(s) devoured like 11 people in a few days time. I didn't care for the book, it seemed to deal more with classism and the rivalry between Brody and Hooper, than the actual man-eating shark on the loose. One of the few cases where the movie was better than book, like Forest Gump.