View Single Post
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 08:47 PM       
Okay, now I'm starting to get annoyed:

Quote:
In the film, the ultimate struggle for power pits men against kings and kings against gods. But the war between the gods themselves could destroy the world. Born of a god but raised as a man, Perseus (Worthington) is helpless to save his family from Hades (Fiennes), vengeful god of the underworld. With nothing left to lose, Perseus volunteers to lead a dangerous mission to defeat Hades before he can seize power from Zeus (Neeson) and unleash hell on Earth. Leading a daring band of warriors, Perseus sets off on a perilous journey deep into forbidden worlds. Battling unholy demons and fearsome beasts, he will only survive if he can accept his power as a god, defy his fate and create his own destiny.
HADES IS NOT THE DEVIL! HIS DOMAIN IS NOT HELL!

I'm sorry, but I just hate it when people adapt Greek myths and then set them up to Christian themes. It was somewhat more forgivable in the Disney version because Disney always seizes whoever's most convenient for the villain (like the Queen of Hearts) but what's their excuse? The tale of Perseus doesn't even involve Hades. If they wanted to use Hades as a bad guy they should have done something with the kidnapping of Persephone which, to the extent of my knowledge, is the most prominent example of him straying into "bad guy" territory. Jeebus, compared to the other Olympians Hades behaved great.

And Perseus wasn't a god. He was the son of a god and a mortal woman. Which meant he was powerful but he wasn't all that special if you consider how much Zeus alone slept around. And "defy his fate and create his own destiny"? That was sort of the point of the myth wasn't it? The fate could not be defied no matter what.

And Io? Really? Apparently they're putting in Io so that Perseus is in a love triangle. Because apparently having Zeus vs Hades and a fight against Medusa and a giant freaking scorpion and one gorgeous princess isn't enough.

Screw them I say!
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.