View Single Post
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 02:49 AM        Many of my friends quickly lose interest in me
Three examples of this phenomenon received blog comments/wall posts from me this past hour. This theme was not intentional.

#1: In 2005, a cute bisexual lass friended me on Livejournal at random. We eventually discovered that we had two mutual friends (one including a former member of I-Mockery), and we went on one "date". After that, we'd occasionally talk, but I doubt we had any interaction outside of the IU fencing club in which we were both involved. On her LJ in a post that had nothing to do with any of the following, I left,

Late at night, many nights ago, I was watching IFC. A pretentious French movie came on. Yay! It seemed to be yet another take on the theme of "the actor" as it relates to existentialism, but I never figured out how because I eventually went to bed in the middle of it. Its title made me think of LJ for some reason I couldn't figure out. The title was "Sex is Comedy", and I eventually realized that this might have been a translation of the French, "le sexe est comique", which would translate to "sex is funny", and I eventually remembered that years ago I'd read that you listed that phrase as an interest on here.

Anyways, turns out that "Sex is Comedy" was verbatim the working title for its French release, so the point was moot. Eh. Also, I was going to make some comment relating its ability to achieve an existential message (which I don't even know if that was its intent) to the fact that it didn't have as much tits as the title/plot would imply. This would be a sordidly ironic contrast the type of which I enjoy, but I gave up putting that in context.

#2: A few months ago, I talked within this very board about a girl whom I really liked at the time. We talked on facebook for several weeks while she lived out of town, and eventually we met when she returned to Bloomington. It's necessary for this purpose to note that the first time we met, I had tea at her mother and step-father's house. After hanging out a few times in varying contexts, I stopped hearing from her. Weeks/months passed, and then facebook messaging briefly resumed and swiftly ended anew. I saw her on the street Halloween night, and after exchanging a few words she started talking to other people and left without saying goodbye or anything. On her Facebook wall, I left,

At Sahara Mart today, the lines began to jam as the credit card machines failed to work. Beside me there was a man with a few bottles of wine, and he said he recognized me. It was Bruce, your step-father! We exchanged a few words, then I paid for my mead and rolls of charcoal in cash after the machine failed a second time.

Was I impatient, or did I not want to hold up the line for those behind me? Let the reader decide.

#3: In October, for whatever reason I started talking to a really cute girl from Wisconsin. Eventually she revealed herself to be extremely cool, so I had it in my head that if I ever made an excuse to visit Chicago for Giordano's or Edwardo's, I'd invest the extra hour of driving into meeting her. She stopped signing on AIM as often as before, so we stopped talking for the most part. We continued to read each other's LJs, however, and in her most recent post (having nothing to do with the following), I left,

Today I was talking to my little sister, and she revealed that she'd be driving up to north-central Wisconsin in a few days. Since I knew she'd be driving through Madison, I suggested that she take my friend who lives in Madison a sugar cream pie.

Sugar cream pie is a Hoosier "delicacy". On Halloween 2003, I had a dinner with my Madison friend of Chicago stuffed pizza with sugar cream pie for dessert. I don't actually know if she liked it that much or not.

Beth, my younger sister, didn't really like the idea of visiting people she's never met. But, reading your LJ post made me remember that you likewise are close enough to being en route, so I figured it'd be rude of me to not ask you if you wanted sugar cream pie or not.

In conclusion: I don't know if I-Mockery needs a Loveline forum, but perhaps things like this would make more sense to myself and others if it continued to have one.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT