View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 09:19 PM       
The World's Only Mothman Museum had what I'm pretty sure was the World's Only Search for Mothman Claw Machine.

Mothman water bottles, magnets, you name it.

I can't really begrudge them, because the area's so economically depressed, but it was amazing how far they ran with it.

Mothman for President!

One store sold the "Mothman Frappachino". In case you can't make it out from the sign, that's a blended coffee drink with a blob of chocolate on top and two maraschino cherries. If I remember correctly it was like $6.75.

Two women selling at a booth near the Mothman statue. Note the itty bitty statue on the table.

Even the antique store got in on the action. These paper-maiche Mothmen with bike reflector eyes were marked at $65 apiece.

There was even a guy with a card table set up on the sidewalk...he was literally sticking red rhinestone eyes on just about anything and people were grabbing it up. If you can put red eyes on things, I highly advise you to truck it to Point Pleasant next September, you'll clean up.

On to the festival!