View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 02:03 PM        Re: Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAsux
"It is being handled, but just not in such public view"

Weird, you and Ronnie seem to be under the same impression. I guess that's the word your getting from your inside sources? I am not saying measures aren't being taken. I'm sure they are. I find it interesting however that you seem to think that they are appropriate, without having any idea what those measures are (unless again you're highly placed sources are passing along keen insight).

You beat me to it, GAsux. This is a very common type of answer I find not only from Ronnie and bombs, but also from friends of mine of the same ideological persuasion. "Everything is being taken care of, TRUST in big brother."

It's a very amusing stance, coming from a couple of supposed conservatives.

EDIT: Oops! Now my feelings on N. Korea....

I can't say I know much about the situation, but I feel it's very important that this be handled through strong diplomacy, rather than harsh words and cowboy talk. N. Korea, IMO, isn't planning on bombing anybody anytime soon, otherwise, why would they have gone public with their nuclear program?

They want something, and above all, they want a certain degree of security and autonomy, post- "evil axis" rhetoric. It's rhetoric like this that needs to end, or else N. Korea will turn into a bad guy's K Mart for naughty weapons, and then we have problems.