View Single Post
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 05:11 PM        -=Using BitTorrent for dummies=-
Well seeing as i have some time on my hands i thought i would write a short guide to using BitTorrent as some people might not know of it yet... and it kicks ass. So, on to the guide.

[center:a0061aeaf8][/center:a0061aeaf8]

Introduction
Ever wondered where you can download movies, TV shows, games, music and other random stuff online? Or get pissed off never bieng able to find sources with other programs such as DC++?
weeellll, provided you have a good connection with fast upload/download this is for you.

The client
Bit torrent is a file shareing program like no other. Instead of having to download a client with search features, download functions etc you just download a client which is very similar to the IE download utility. Then you go to a website and get 'torrent files'. When run, these simply ask where the download should go to and then start. The way it works is to download from other clients and servers at the same time making a big web of warezy goodness.
One thing to note is that your download will be proportional to your upload so if you have a crappy slow upload speed you will have a crappy slow download speed.
Download can be stopped and resumed at any time and when resumed the file will be scanned to check it has not been corrupted.

clients:
Standard client

Inhanced client (i use this one)

Mac client

Where to download torrents?

http://www.suprnova.org/

The best place, not to be confused with .com or .net. This has pretty much everythign you will ever need.

Everyone feel free to correct me or add something to the guide. This service is far too useful for everyone not to know about it.