View Single Post
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2005, 11:50 PM       
Bill O'reilly had a pretty impressive career before he became synonymous with Fox news so give the guy some credit. He has a career in educating and journalism. If Sean Penn has the same type of background then their opinions can be considered equally as qualified but as far as I know Sean Penn is just a talented actor.

Why pick on Tom Cruise for being a 'hollywood liberal' when there are so many other more legit reasons to mock him. He is probaly one of the most outspoken supporters of Scientology and its more than just red state conservatives who views Scientology as slighty off. 'Cruise also claimed in an Entertainment Weekly interview that psychiatry "is a Nazi science" and that methadone was actually originally called Adolophine after Adolf Hitler, a well-known urban legend. For a response to what Cruise said in this interview from the Journal of Clinical Investigation see Tom Cruise is dangerous and irresponsible. In an interview with Der Spiegel magazine, Cruise claimed that "In Scientology, we have the only successful drug rehabilitation program in the world. It's called Narconon... It's a statistically proven fact that there is only one successful drug rehabilitation program in the world. Period." (While Narconon claims to have a success rate over 70%, no outside source has ever verified this claim, let alone declaring it the only successful program as a matter of statistical fact.)'

So he is kind of the spokesman or atleast should be for the people in Hollywood who are alittle off but I don't see him as representing or even being a part of 'liberal hollywood'. He is more in the brainwashed/scientology section of hollywood.

'on July 13th, 2005, the city council of Paris vowed "never to receive [before the council or the mayor] the actor Tom Cruise, spokesman for Scientology and self-declared militant for this organisation"' hehe