View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Dec 2nd, 2006, 03:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
I suppose you think kicking handicapped people in the face is funny because they should learn to walk or something but I think that's cruel and unnecessary and negates the purpose of handicap ramps and political institutions that were designed to stick out for the weak man who couldn't survive on his own and thus needed a social backbone.
Wha?!?!

Quote:
and coming from a person who works on wheel chairs for shame.
Um, yeah... That's the most poorly constructed strawman I think I've ever seen you try to build. For the most part, my kids are handicapped due to birth defects. That's not even close to being the same thing as someone stubbornly maintaining willful ignorance. I do have some kids that are handicapped due to the abuse or neglect of others, ie: shaken baby or their dad thought it would be cool to buy his 16 year old a Hayabusa (no shit... we have 3 of them, all quads,) and that might be something close to the education system churning out morons that can't read and have no sense of value.

Quote:
I mean personally I think the point of society and political institutions is to initiate babies and those who don't know into a state of know and function. I consider the government failing and quite pointless if it can't manage to take care of that basic fundamental and necessary function.
First you say government AND society, then you seem to blend one into the other, as if they were the same thing. Notice you did not factor in for any sort of personal responsibility or that of a parent to her child. Very telling...

Since we're talking about "consumption of low quality products," I will confine my remarks to that topic. First off, what the hell are you doing here posting about "consumption of low quality products" and car batteries when you should be reading your books? Secondly, consumption of of low quality food and durable goods, which is, as I said, wrong, is it's own punishment usually. Low quality food makes you fat and unhealthy, maybe even sick or dead, and low quality durables generally prove themselves not so durable.

You take your punishment, because what you have done is wrong. You get fat and sick and your crap breaks down. Depending on what you decided so poorly to purchase, you might even be risking your life. It's your choice to learn from that or to not, if you remain alive despite your mistake. Sure, it would be nice if government schools and parents actually spent more time preparing people to understand extremely basic realities such as this, but, sadly, we don't live in that world.

Harsh reality IS there when society and our own common sense fails us. You say some people are "disadvantaged." If I were saying this instead of typing it, I would drag out that first "A" to mock your use of the word. Who in the fuck among the non-retards of the world is so "disadvantaged" as to not be able to comprehend that eating Big-Macs 4 times a day is not such a good idea? Do you honestly believe there are THAT many people in the world that think a $400 86 Yugo is the same thing as a new Beamer?

Now, this all started when I corrected your mind-numbing assertion that PRODUCTION of low quality products is morally wrong. When you get to Atlas Shrugged, you will see that she believes you are correct, but not in the way that you think now. If you were speaking in the micro-sense rather than the macro-sense, you'd be right on target.

Now, go turn off your computer and turn on a lamp. Grab whichever book you intended to start first and dig in.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!