View Single Post
Crazy dog woman
the Platinum Poppy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2008, 01:28 PM       
Haven't read this book, but I immediately want to. :-) I did enjoy the storylines by Ennis where the Punisher fights the Russian, Daredevil, Wolverine and Spiderman, with some aid of Hulk...

When it comes to the whole Ennis discussion: Ennis has stressed in the comic several times that the Punisher is very much aware of the fact that he can't extinguish crime by killing people off... Frank said so explicitly in the human-trafficking story, that when he's killed these guys there'll just come others to take their place and human trafficking will continue just like before. There's also been stories where revenge starts to "spiral", so one revenge leads to another revenge etc. I think this goes to show that Ennis has a brain, because the idea that one could extinguish violence by murder is plain stupid.

I've only read a couple or so of pre-Ennis Punisher comics, and that was a long time ago.. But I think I recall that he had a more typical hero personality back then... But that's pretty hard to reconcile with the fact that he's a mass murderer of incredible proportions who goes around killing gallons of people all the time, so to that personality I say good riddance.

It's odd though that Ennis' Punisher was clearly part of the regular Marvel Universe to start with, but now it seems like he slid off into his own little pocket universe where no other supercreatures exist.