View Single Post
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 01:23 PM       
My letter to Senator Hagel:

Dear Senator Hagel;

I am writing with regard to the Domestic Security Enhancement Act of 2003. This is an item that whose existence has been publicly denied, then downplayed by the Department of Justice. I do not know whether this is something that has crossed your desk or not, but felt compelled to bring it to your attention.

The implications of the draft are frightening, especially in light of the powers already granted to law enforcement by the hastily-drafted USA PATRIOT Act as well as the Homeland Security Act. A copy of the draft can be found at http://www.publicintegrity.org.

Should this be brought to the Senate for approval, I urge you to vote against it. The already expansive powers granted to law enforcement to circumvent Due Process could be brought to Orwellian proportions.

As Benjamin Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Likewise, as much as the Bush Administration touts that the War on Terror is a fight to defend our freedoms, I contend that we cannot fight for freedoms if we no longer have any.

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully Yours,

sspadowsky
Omaha
________
Preteen nonude

Last edited by sspadowsky : Apr 18th, 2011 at 05:19 AM.