View Single Post
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Im just saying that if you want to get into who was where first they have just as much claim to to area as anyone.
I don't think I ever expressed an interest to get into that. But since you did, let's just say it's a bit more complicated than Israelis just claiming what is rightfully theirs.
Sweden wouldn't invade Finland just because we once owned that land, just as it would be wrong by native americans to start bombing american cities because the land was originally theirs. And the case Israel/Palestine isn't even that clear cut.

Also, most of you seem to only focus on how the acitivists reacted when boarded. Why are you not condemning the boarding itself - since when is it alright to attack a non-military ship on international waters and detain its passengers? Apart from the handguns that were allegedly stolen from the Israeli commandos, the ships carried food and medicine.

You seem to regard the Israeli soldiers as some sort of police force that was just doing their job, like when riot police cracks down on a bunch of football hooligans somewhere, and the civilians had better comply or suit themselves.
This isn't like that - this is a foreign military force attacking civilians, outside of their territory - civilians not even on their way to their territory but to a third-part land.

Let's not forget that the global community, as well as UN, consider the blockade illegal and a war crime. If you want to provide Gaza with supplies, and refuse to let Israel dictate the premises, how would you go about?

When I hear Israel complain about how unfairly the rest of the world is treating them, it reminds of when certain colleagues find it unfair when their entire workplace hates them. If everyone thinks you suck, there's probably some truth in it, and you should probably start changing a bit.
If you think the whole world hates you and don't realise you're partly to blame, you're either subject to some really heavy propaganda, or a sociopath.

Last edited by Blasted Child : Jun 3rd, 2010 at 08:22 AM.