View Single Post
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 08:49 AM       
If they're friends you've made in your first year of college you'll probably just find that you made friends with them as a matter of convenience (perhaps you shared, houses/classes/etc with them) and you're now starting to realise that you don't really have all that much in common or even like them that much.

I think it's quite common that in college/university you often make friends by proxy and such friendships rarely last forever.

It could also be that you've just grown apart from them. I used to have a group of friends that I spent all my time with. These days I almost never see them and don't really care to because they are still exactly the same as they were when I knew them 2 years ago. They even make the same stupid jokes at my expense which irritates the hell out of me because they don't actually apply to me anymore.
I'm not sure if it's a reflection of how little they've changed or how much I've changed but the point still stands that as people change over time it's easy to grow apart from one another.