View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2005, 07:45 AM       
I honestly doubt that he's going to announce our day of departure from Iraq. If he calls whatever he's going to say a "timetable," it will likely be just a fancy version of the same song the administration has been singing all along: "We'll leave when they're ready." Proposed dates? I doubt it. So far, most of their projections have been realized, if their goals not met ahead of schedule, but the end of troop-time in the sandbox is related to the end of terrorist action in Iraq, if not the larger MidEast.

When you say timetable, I'm hearing that you want somebody to tell you the date we can reasonably hang up that banner and evacuate Iraq. You won't be hearing that from Bush. Wars don't work that way. They've already floated the idea that troop levels will be reduced early '06. You'll probably get a general timetable for business as usual through Spring. The GOP will be able to say they answered your question, and you guys will have to come up with something else to harp about incessantly.

Care to make a prediction in that regard? What's gonna be the next demand made of the Bush administration every day, all day long to the point that my ears bleed from hearing about it? What will be the next big outrage foisted on us by Shrub and his gang of pirates? I'm sure something big is right around the corner, and I'm equally sure THIS is gonna be THE thing to bring down the Evil House of Dubya... at least the one that will actually live up to the hype, unlike the hundreds of other things that were supposed to be THE thing to do just that.

I know y'all read Kos and all those guys... Why wait until they tell you what to be hopeful about next. Let's go ahead and put something together right here in the I-mock Think-Tank.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!