View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 29th, 2005, 10:37 AM       
Preecher, ever heard of 'death by a thouand cuts'?

Whoever was talking banners, he ain't tired of 'em yet. His speech on Immigration... uh, not amnesty, what's that other thing where a whole class of people guilty of a crime aren't guilty anymore, but isn't amnesty? Anyway, he delivered it in front of a banner reading 'protecting our borders'. And what could make them safer than making crossing them without papers no longer a crime?

And W will never eat his hat because we have always been at war with Oceana and saying otherwise is historical revisionism.

I don't think W will be giving dates. I think he'll be stating that the Iraqis are now 'standing up' and we are 'standing down'. Rice floated the test balloon for this last week when she said that we would no longer need the numbers of troops we've had there. Murtha, though he pissed W et al off, speaks for the pentagon, hawks and doves alike. My guess is their top brass told him they can no longer sustain an Iraq ground war. They told him instead of W because if you tell W stuff he doesn't like it ends your career. By now it's filtered up to Rove and Chenney and they've told W that the Iraqi army is all set and it's time to leave, just like he always said we would. Come December there will be an election and howvere it goes, Democracy has arrived, which was always our mission, which has now been accomplished. And just in time for the mid terms!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I have been saying for over a year that I think while our leaving would be a terrible thing, our staying is making things even worse. I'm just digging on the Whitehouses ability to try to make roses out of shit.