View Single Post
Commarade General
Commanderraf is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2009, 05:12 PM       
Quote:
and Santa finally stops acting all emo for a change.
Great line.

Then I made some memory: Every Christmas special in which Santa appears some kind of accident happens to him, making his the most dangerous job to do in the whole universe (and kind of explaining why he only does it once a year. Imagine the insurance rates he has to pay if -every year- he crashes, gets kidnapped, gets his reindeers/sack of toys/sleigh stolen...) and its up for the hero of the cartoon to do his job or help him out.

This kind of makes Santa a really pathetic guy, doesn't it? He only works for one day, and sometimes, he doesn't even do that right (how many times has the hero of the cartoon has taken the place of Santa in the gifts delivery because he could't make it?). I mean, I suppose he could imagine a backup plan on any of the other 364 days the rest of the year has, so, the next time he's attacked by a pack of wild zombie boars from another planet, he kind of has some alternate plan to keep his thing going and not to rely on a complete stranger...

... Isn't there any Christmass special where Santa finds not a good samaritan, but an ax-wielding psycho who instead of delivering toys to the children delivers pain and sorrow under Santa's guise and approval? Damn, that would be a cool (if twisted) program/movie this time of year.

-Commanderraf