View Single Post
Fookin' up planets!
Captain PirateFace is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 09:29 AM       
The second I saw this album was up for review I knew... knew in my heart of hearts that D-Mon would be the first to poop out a rant. If I was a betting man I could have just retired rich. RoG, I think I understand what you are trying to say about this album... it's an amusing and catchy "time capsule". Is it the best music ever made? No. But it has a novelty factor and it shows what a slew of early 80's dance, trance, electro and industrial bands sounded like in their early years... listen to (D-Mon's head is about to explode...) Nine Inch Nails first album "Pretty Hate Machine" and then compare it to their first EP "Broken". Like night and day. But a good transgression. Kind of like When Janis Joplin sucked and then.... well... she always kind of just stayed in that spot didn't she? I will always prefer the more aggressive stuff but there will always be a place in my heart for the early synth poppy stuff... mostly just to annoy D-Mon. Oh and I am picking up one of those "Babies dressed up like fruits calendars today."