Thread: PROTOCLOWN :(
View Single Post
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 01:18 AM       
I have yet to see the last two episodes of the series, as they haven't aired in the US yet and I am determined not to download them. I want to wait and see them at the same time as everyone else.

I don't know how closely you followed the show FatSatan, but the writers always amazed me with their ability to seemingly write themselves into a corner and then miraculously find a way out of it. And not via some crappy deus ex machina type of thing either.

Every single season finale for that show has ended on a horrible cliffhanger that I had NO idea how they would get past...particularly the season two one (look for an episode called "Die Me, Dichotomy" if you haven't seen that one yet). I have every bit of faith that whatever happened, the writers would have found an interesting way past it and into Season 5. And who knows, it COULD still happen if it's picked up by another network.

I always kind of had the feeling that Farscape would end on something of a bittersweet note at the very least, if they'd had the chance to end the show on their own terms. That show was never one to pull any punches, and John and Aeryn's relationship was fraught with difficulties every step of the way. They've made it pretty clear now that Crichton will never be the same and he can never go back home and live a normal life again. And that's pretty fucking sad when you think about it.

I also find no small bit of irony in the fact that the last episode just happens to be called "Bad Timing".