Thread: PROTOCLOWN :(
View Single Post

FS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 09:30 AM       
I think I heard the alien say something about 'analysis' too* - I have the episode on tape, I'll watch it and listen to it again.

My main problem with this, would it have been a true intended ending to the series, was actually that it wasn't dramatic enough. The alien comes out of nowhere, his alignment doesn't seem entirely clear, and he's gone again. If the creators of Farscape meant to end the series with John and Aeryn dying at the height of happiness, then I would've wanted the killer to be someone prominent, like Scorpius or the Scarran leader.

And yet, there's something to be said for this. Earth is safe, John and Aeryn are back together, things are perfect (save for Chiana's blindness, which I think would be solved a few episodes into a new season, and the fact that John is now the most wanted person in the galaxy), and POW! how do you like dem apples? I had the thought of teleportation myself, though. My guess is that a continued season would have the crew of Moya analyzing the debris left on the boat, and speculating on what really happened.

I actually thought the show had seen its last episode in the US months ago, thus making its continuance pretty much beyond hope. Still, these seem to be the times of sci-fi shows getting killed off pretty fast.

*a thing that's bothered me about Farscape was that dialogue can sometimes be really hard to understand for me. From loud explosions and shouting, it can go into whispering and mumbling - especially by Ben Browder - which is GREAT for moodsetting, but tough on someone whose native language isn't English. That sometimes causes me to miss large parts of conversations. Luckily, on Dutch TV there's subtitles on it, but on British TV it was an annoyance. I would've liked to see them use sound technology to boost the softer conversations up to the same level as the rest of the sounds.