View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 09:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
I tend to think that Ritter is a douche, but there's always the what if. I'm torn on war with Iran; on one hand, it'll put the Chinese in check and destroy a major bastion of international terrorism, but our resources are also stretched enough as it is.
I tend to take Scott Ritter at his word, especially considering our inability to find the "stockpiles" of WMDs that Ritter said all along weren't in Iraq.

However, with that said, I have my doubts about this one. The guy hasn't been in that line of work for like seven years now, and while I trust him on Iraq based off his experience there, I don't know how reliable he is on Iran.

As for war with Iran-- Well, this is sort of why I think I disliked the justification for war in Iraq. At least one of the reasons. Iran has a very clear record of state sponsored terrorism, and particularly the scary Islamic fundamentalist kind that hit us on 9/11. I also think there's much more of a statement to make by working with the French to get Syria out of Lebanon, one of the few Middle Eastern countries who can even brag about having some semblance of democracy.

I dunno, from what I've heard, Iran is just full of red-staters waiting to be liberated and buy stuff at GAP and McDonalds (do they have those there already?). But we've heard that before.