View Single Post
Who? Me?
0dd1 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 11:33 PM       
Truly, awesomeness is contained within the thirty songs on the album. Not much else there is to say---I mean, what CAN you say? It's the Beatles near the apex of their creativity. I personally don't like how people disparage it as merely four solo albums lumped together; as I believe you mentioned, it really allows their personalities to shine through. One cannot doubt that that is as awesome an experience on a Beatles album as there was (until maybe Abbey Road, but, then, all opinions in this world are debatable to some degree). This was the closest you could get into their minds as individual artists rather than as a group until they broke up (...maybe after Wings for McCartney, but, as I'd mentioned, debatable).

Personally, my favorite cuts from the album seem to vary from time to time, but I've always loved "Rocky Raccoon", "I'm So Tired", "Revolution 1", "Don't Pass Me By", and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps".

Really glad to see this review here. I honestly never expected anything focused on the Beatles on this site. :-)