View Single Post
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 02:21 PM        how do you go about getting rid of cds?
because fuck i have a lot of cds that i don't want and i would like to get rid of them preferably making some tiny amount of money off the whole bit.

but i mean if i show up at a pawn shop with 250 cds in cases they are going to send me away

same with music/bookstores, and there are none of those around here anyway

to conquer extreme boredom, i went through my box of albums and made a spreadsheet of all of them, including a rough estimate of their condition as well as the lowest price on amazon as of right now. based on that, i think there are maybe 10-20 worth listing on amazon/ebay.

i have a super audio cd version of scary monsters and super creeps which is listed on amazon and ebay at like 49 bucks. maybe i could sell that quickly for like 35!

so now i have a spreadsheet of 292 cds and many stacks of jewel cases on my floor. fuck.

i'm a moron.

if somehow all of them sold right now at the lowest price represented on amazon i would get ~1250 dollars. sweeeeeeeet. in reality, by the time i get rid of all of these, i'll probably have made 100 dollars at best.