View Single Post
Tropical Viking
Hugo is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 12:50 AM       
I was a little pissed off when I left the theater. First of all, The end: Elizabeth and the blacksmith dude will meet (and fuck) once every 10 years? What a kind of happy ending is that? What about that pirate goddess? A lot of shit talking about gathering the pirates and performing a ritual, so she would turn in to a gazillon crabs and swim away from the plot. Chow yun fat was cool, but useless. And I think that Elizabeth killing (sort of) Jack at the end of the second movie has set something of a disturbing mood for this third movie, but that's just me being gay.
Other than that, Geoffrey Rush's return was great, despite the fact that he and that monkey were still living dead, and I don't really get it (if he was freed from the curse at the end of the first movie, but remained as zombie, so would Jack, since he cursed himself in order to fight the skeleton pirates. Thus, he wouldn't have died at the end of the second movie, for he would be still undead. If someone got it right, please let me know.)
Keith Richards appearence was awesome, really. I tought it would turn out to be lame, but I was wrong. It was nice to see Davy Jones as himself, even if for only a couple seconds. And the movie looks just great. The massive wreck of the bad guy's ship was impressive.
Anyway, it's a nice movie, but I expected a little more after the second movie. At least it wasn't spider man 3.

ps.: Sorry for the english, folks. I'm still working on it.