View Single Post
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2004, 04:14 PM       
To be brutally honest, I'm all for the ideals of the Geneva Convention, hope that all adhere to them and am not ususually about the "eye for an eye" attitude. I'm not sure, however, that the rules are always practical. I'm sure that there was a lot of these types of atrocities on both sides of the fence in a multitude of previous wars that were never reported. If degrading bodies is how they show us disrespect boast to their muslim neighbors, perhaps similiar degradation on our part is what they'll understand and respect. I don't know because I don't have the perspective of those involved in the conflict. I don't understand their culture or what motivates them. I can understand them wanting to trade lives for lives but they overstepped themselves. The burning and mutilization of the contracted workers left me cold and I'm not really sure how badly I feel about the retaliatory efforts by other contracted workers. Aren't both incidents really outside the bounds of the Geneva Convention anyway?

Wherever you go, there you are.