View Single Post
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2004, 12:49 PM       
What's freakish to me is that all we care about is why it took this long to investigate, and if there was an attempted coverup. The bigger issue is why these acts are so commonplace throughout the world, but especially in the Middle East. Okay, so our corn fed American kids put their own spin on it, and added in some College broomstick up the ass hazing to the mix. This type of stuff goes on every day unreported, and nobody shows much outrage. Our prisoners of war have never enjoyed much comfort in captivity, and while I don't think it's a very strong argument/excuse, it's true that Saddam did far worse things to far more Iraqi citizens. What you're seeing here is Arab oppurtunism over shadowing humanistic outrage....and yes I'd bet a good deal of Arabs are honestly just outraged period, but enough with the double standard, these events were horrid...put them alongside Fallujah, and so many more happening in the Sudan, and Congo, and so on, and so on, so that we can have zero tolerance for this shit. These were some disturbed kids, but this kind of cruelty shoudln't even be in the air.