View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 11:04 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethomas View Post
I'm having a hard time read this thread over because I made it with a genuine, sincere profession of lacking understanding and the mere premise was attacked as trying to sound "too smart".
I tried to give you an honest answer, but you didn't like that.

I don't know where you got the idea that applying scrutiny to authority figures is something I frown on... No, actually, I do: You are just making that up.

You say you can't understand the pursuit of power because the people that pursue power do it for either reason A or reason B. I say you're probably perfectly capable of understanding this at least to the point of not having to ask Pac Man for his opinion on the matter, but you've constrained your premises to the point that you can't come up with a logical picture.

It's simple: Power CAN make sense to you. You are just looking at it the wrong way.

By the way, I'm taking you at your word that this was a "genuine, sincere profession of lacking understanding" since for all I can tell your monologue sounded a lot like a 4th generation trust-fund kid at a party claiming to be baffled with the idea that anyone would ever choose to be pooooor...

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!