View Single Post
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 11th, 2008, 08:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
And when did someone care about a storyline in shooters?
I don't mind if the story is silly or cheesy, but when it's taking place and you aren't told anything about it, you feel like you walked in late on the game. Like everyone's in on what's going on except you. You see stuff like this all the time in games where the main character has amnesia, but even then, you are told that that's what happened to him/her.

Quote:
The gore level was pretty high, which led me to lots of exultant shouts of "oh my god, did you see that? I just cut his arm off while he was throwing a grenade from behind cover!" and the like.
Eh. You see outrageous stuff like that all the time in games, but even when it gets that kind of reaction from you, it still wears out after the first couple times. There was one sequence where zombies kept coming at me, so I would punch them, walk behind them, and break their backs. When you do that at least half a dozen times in a row, even the most brutal finisher starts to seem pretty dull.