View Single Post
The Mighty One
FistfulOAwesome is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 03:50 PM       
Dimnos: Actually, Co-Creator David X. Cohen has said that on the more serious stories they write them in the hopes that past the jokes there is genuinely good sci-fi underneath.

Also, on the not taking itself seriously: The show has plenty of dramatic elements and stories (the Fry's Past episodes, Fry and Leela's romance, The Mighty One).

I'm saying I'm worried for future Fry's Past episodes (DXC has stated that there is more to reveal) because of the timeline change that occured in BBS. Even the movie's main writer (Ken Keeler (who happens to have never written a bad episode) thinks that they should have done it 2nd or 3rd so they could have written the timeline better (mentioned in the commentary).

Tadao: Don't worry about it. I am truly excited for the series return. But on the off chance that one of the writers is lurking on any board that I post on I don't want to give the impression that the movies were great (except for ITWGY which is awesome to the max). They screwed up and I don't want that carrying over to a new series.

Any Futurama > No Futurama is a statement I don't agree with. Futurama got me for being a show with great mix of high and low-brow humor, well-written characters, and (occasionally) surprisingly touching plots. If the show isn't going to come back as great as ITWGY or better than I'd rather not have it back at all.