View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:38 PM       
..and Davin, you and I just differ on what voting means.

It's very possible that Kerry is MORE likely to be overly aggressive in continuing Bush's War on Terror. Bush could definitely get out of it easier at any point, that's for sure. At every move, a President Kerry would be even more second-guessed than Bush ever has. His entire four years would be spun by the Republicans as typical for those damn Democrats when it comes to taking security seriously. As long as America has an enemy, any non-Republican would have a harder time of getting a vote.

Are you really happy voting for someone that's selling himself as just like Bush, but somehow better? Kerry simply will not win. His campaign has been terrible and is only getting worse. Thank the Clintons. Bush's campaign has been exemplary, as is evidenced by a LACK of any negative public reaction to such a God-Awful debate performance. The GOP could replace Dubya with an actual Chimpanzee and Kerry would still lose.

By so unexpectedly supporting Dean, the left's base clearly signaled their willingness to back "anybody but Bush." They gave you Kerry, which fits that description, but ran him on the permise that while he's actually NOT Bush, making the base happy, he'd pretty much do everything Bush would do, but better, which attracted voters that weren't already part of the base. The GOP lie that Kerry and Edwards are liberals actually helped you guys believe he'd be a president you'd support, but he has done nothing to prove that to you.

From a third person POV, this seems very clear to me. I'm confident that if every voter in America actually read about all the candidates available this year, disregarding two-party politics, we'd be wondering whether Badnarik, Cobb or Nader would be winning the election. Kerry and Bush wouldn't even be in the picture. I say vote third party because I'm not buying into the misconception that my vote only counts if I vote Blue or Red. I vote for whomever I wish was leading our country. They would have me believe that doing so is throwing my vote away.

Can't you see how backward that is?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!