View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:01 PM       
I promise you that Kerry plans to be EXACTLY as inept as Bush. This whole election is just one big false dichotomy, to use your own words. We are being led to choose between the same thing, the same way, or the same thing, a little bit different way.

All I'm saying is that there's more choices than that.

Being a third party person, it was a long time ago that I realized that I'd never be happy working from within either party in hopes of changing it to make it what I wanted. I realized that both parties were exactly as they intended to be, and that they wouldn't change to suit my desires.

There are many libertarians and Greens in both parties, but they haven't yet realized how futile their efforts to change the major parties from within are yet. My major problem with the LP is that it's made up of those that have rejected the idea that that kind of change could happen, but they have yet to realize that as long as they treat the two-party system as an acceptable status quo, they are just pissing up a pine tree.

The third parties have yet to realize just how much of a threat they are to the big Two, and they haven't yet begun to act as if they are under the kind of organized attack that they really are.

You have been led to believe as you do about voting, and your words used in defense of the status quo are exactly what both the Republicans and the Democrats want you to be saying to every person that might ever vote for a better way than what serves their purposes.

I'm sorry to be sitting here calling you a tool, but that's what you are being. I like you, so I hope that doesn't piss you off.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!