View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 06:13 AM       
I will say this, if I were gay, and I wanted to adopt a child, I would be uber pissed at this vid. All they have done is give a rock solid example to "the haters" they are wanting to target that gays can't properly raise children because "the haters" can now say, 'look at this vid, gays are teaching our children to drop f-bombs with impunity'.

I would say this to the "you are a hypocrite" argument; I couldn't care less one way or the other if gays want some sort of marriage equivalent union, personally I think calling it marriage is a deliberate provocation to the uber right though. Furthermore, I would go as far as to say if you are willing to live with the words 'gay' and 'straight' yet object to calling a same sex union something besides marriage, you are a hypocrite. Why is one kind of distinction between the two groups fine and another similar distinction wrong? I also hate the divorce rate counterargument that gay rights activists give. It is both presumptuous and arrogant, because they are basically saying if gays got married they would never get divorced, which is straight up bullshit. Gays are human beings and would divorce just as much as straight people.

So why not compromise? Give them civil union rights to satisfy what they want, and don't cal it a marriage to satisfy the 'it ruins the sanctity of marriage' argument.