View Single Post
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 06:26 PM       
i just got the most insane offer, which is a wacom graphire 1(starting model) for $20 if the guy's sister doesn't get it.

i spent last night talking to the australian artists that i know, cause noone in the states was online at 4am, and my friend said that the best model he knows of for starting would be a wacom graphire 2, size a5, which is 6x8.

he told me that the other tablets from other companies, especially aiptek, have a lot of software issues with the drivers and all. he said they crash a lot.

generally you're looking to spend $100 at minimum. the one that i eventually want, which is a wacom intuos size a5 is $330, and what a lot of professionals use.

the two main differences between the graphire and the intuos are the intuos has twice the sensitivity levels (which are very hard to discern between) and the angle of the pen affects the way the line looks on the intuos.

my friend said that it's a good idea to get a little model first to get used to it, but if you happen to have the money for an intuos a5, and you're a serious artist and planning on making money selling work and all, then just get the intuos a5.