View Single Post
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranxer
hey blanco, bush didn't win the election his puppeteers stole it, you get over it!
Ya, those evil bastards like Washington and Hamilton that thought up the Constitution and put in the Electoral College.

Quote:
have you ever been in the military blanco?
No, but does that mean I don't know what "volunteer" means?

Quote:
it is true that many people realize what it really means to volunteer now.. its volunteering for enslavement..
Do you know the defenitions of "volunteer" and "enslavement"?

Quote:
they don't really tell you till you do something wrong or feel uncomfortable about getting a new untested vaccination that once you sign up you are considered government "property," they can massively fuck you over and you cannot sue for any damages.
You know what? I knew a lot of that shit because I was smart enough to ask people already in the military.

Quote:
not only that but they lie to you at the recruiters
Gee, you mean that video about the Rangers getting all the parades and shit was a selling point? Whoah, that just knocked me off my seat.

Quote:
.. many folks that go in the military are acting out of desparation.. poverty or servitude.. it's not really a choice.
Yes, it is. You just said they sign up. If they are in such dire straights, are you honestly saying it is wrong for the military to offer that option?

Quote:
and blanco most folks that sign up usually think they will be fighting for democracy or a reasonable government policy,
Wait, I thought they were all poor, desperate souls with no choice. What does democracy have to do with that?

Quote:
when they find out it aint so they realize thier mistake but, hah, there's no turning back.
Gee, imagine that, choices having consequences.

Quote:
if they gave you a choice after you signed up i'd agree with you that it wasnt enslavement.
"Uh, sir, I just found out that I might fight and die and shit. Can you let me out now?" You understadnabout the contract you sign, right?

Quote:
one thing i know for sure, when i was in the service i felt like a slave, how about you?
Well, for one thing, when I mentioned I wanted to enlist, I had a ton of relatives and other people with military experience give me their personal stories and views. Oddly enough, I somehow didn't think the guy the Army paid to try and sign me up was going to be 100% objective.

But, I'm wierd like that.

Quote:

ask a hundred vietnam vet volunteers if they felt like an inmate or not.
They had no idea what a military was all about?

Quote:
oh, and how to pay for the new draftees? hmm, maybe they'll cut more social sevices or the veterans adminstration budget again. they also have no problem dropping coverage on an injured vet after they discharge them. hah, 'disabled in the va.. um, stand in that line over there and wait.. we'll get to you sometime this year. '
Do me a favor and point out exactly where I said I favored a concscripted military. I want to know, because I clearly mispoke in that case.

My original points were how the new draft bill would die, just like all the other ones that were brought up in every session of Congress.