View Single Post
Copper is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 12:46 AM       
Quote:
LadyMage: I hated that movie, sorry to be the voice of total opposition but I hated it, the only person I liked was the father figure and everyone else pissed me off, the kid was whiny and stupid and the mother was over protective and annoying

and the teacher should have given the kid an A for his paper, he was honest for crying out loud!
I second it, so you're not alone, Ladymage. I just...can't...stand this movie. I don't see the draw to it. Never have and never will.

Quote:
But Ralpie even gets shut down by Santa, and a frightening, surreal kind of Santa and his cranky elves to boot.
And I think this is part of the reason. When I was younger, this was the *only* scene of the movie that I saw and it bothered the hell out of me. You wanna talk scarred for life, I think that did it.

Quote:
Well, seeing the results portrayed in the film (accompanied by a lot of annoying screaming) was enough to keep me from doing anything that stupid on my own time.
Try being in a retail setting with that scene on a nearby portable DVD player, Outkast's "Hey ya" video playing on the overhead TVs, and a bevy of screaming children running around your store.

All I wanted for Christmas was to be medicated *laughs*