View Single Post

imported_Wicked Steve is probably a spambot
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 07:20 PM       
I could only think of five bands to be sick of, since I'm leaving out pop stars.

1. Good Charlotte, as representatives of all pop-punk. I was working at a club across the street from the Target Center (Minneapolis) when Good Charlotte was playing there, and a five-block radius was overrun by more or less identical 15 year olds with multiple piercings and spiky dyed hair. So much for the individualism these kids all pride themselves on.

2. Bon Jovi. Not even huge rock icons deserve to charge $150 a ticket, and Bon Jovi are second-class at best compared to the real greats. Greedy motherfuckers.

3. AC/DC. Almost twenty albums later, and they still sound the same. It's still good music, but *YAWN*!!

4. Slipknot.
5. The Deftones. Because the lead singers of these two bands are far more arrogant than they deserve to be. Corey Taylor says Slipknot has released two of the best albums of all time. Yeah fucking right. And Chino Moreno is pissed off that he's touring with Metallica, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and Mudvayne - he said something like "these bands wouldn't even be here if it weren't for us, and Metallica is just washed up." Nevermind how heavily the Deftones are influenced by old Metallica (they may have gone downhill but they still deserve respect) and that the other three groups are their fucking peers in every way, especially Limp Bizkit. Sorry, Chino, you don't get to start taking credit for other bands yet.