View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 01:11 PM       
Did you also get an error message? I shall alert the staff.

About where it is, RoG graciously has said he would host it, and that may be it's eventual disposition, (Cracked does not pay me as a Blogger, neither did National Lampoon, my former host).

Here's my thinking though, and tell me what you think, as I am fairly ignorant in the ways of the web.

I feel like putting my Blog at I-mock, while it would increase the # reading my Blog, would not increase my overall readers. It would be the same people who already read my other stuff here. If I draw a few new readers at Cracked, that widens my audience, and I use the Blog to make them aware of I-mock.

As it is, I have no real idea of the size of my readership, or what they are like demographically, so it's all shooting in the dark for me. Every now and then through Google I see that somebody has posted something of mine on their 'myspace' page or some such silliness that lets me know that in fact beyond regular posters on this board people are actually reading my work.

If you (or anyone, for that matter) has some sort of handle on how all this works, I'd love feedback. It's not so much the possability of money that fame would bring me, as it is my intense, emotional neediness.

No, it's the money.

And the things I could get with it.

Like helper monkeys.

And girls.

And girl helper monkeys with magic wands.