View Single Post
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 07:53 PM       
I'm saying their lack of want or ability to stop abuse is exactly what does make them ineffectual. Yet, you still hear people suggesting the UN should step in and act as a peace keeping body when they do not have that capability.

Darfur - they were there, and watched it happen. They didn't recognize it, they didn't resolve conflict, they didn't keep peace, they didn't do anything. No sanctions. No refugee organizations like the UNRWA. Nothing. What is their purpose? It's absurd that in 2001, the UN picked Darfur as the location for a symposium on racism, where the main topic was Zionism instead of the brewing situation in Darfur itself!

Regarding their conduct in Gaza, and Bosnia.... look into it. I'm not here to give a lecture. If you don't have the background on them to know what I'm alluding too, then you probably shouldn't be defending them in the first place or making cute comments. The corruption scandals are rampant (check the news today?) and it's only the beginning. Saying the UN program in Iraq helped "some people" is akin to saying life under Saddam was great because they had regular scheduled garbage pick ups (an argument you actually used once... talk about pretentious).