View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 05:52 PM       
Vinth relies on a Boortz formulated argument that as racism is defined;

" a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race"

I'll stay away from the fact that he mixes up the word genetic in here and summarize instead.

"I (Vinth/Boortz) don't believe that my caucasian ancestry makes me than the ancestry of other groups of people"

See? If that's true statement Vinth/Boortz is not a racist. And Vinth/boortz almost certainly believes the statement to be true.

It's also a great statement becuase it has loopholes you can drive an SUV through. The following statements are NOT racist if you accept the Vinth/boortz formulation.

"Most African Americans today have no morals."

"Cambodians Breed like rabbits? Why? Simple. Welfare checks."

Neither of tense statements says that White people are better. Therefore, no racism has occured.

"The hip hop culture has got African Americans believing white values like having a job and taking care of your kids are no good."

While values and superiority are assigned here, current African American beliefs are not stated to be determined by race. Isolate a Black baby and raise them in a white household and they might well embrace white values. As defined by Vinth/boortz there is nothing racist about the quoted statement or the analysis I have just made.

"Talk to a bunch of young hispanics today and you'll find all they care about is lowriders, sex and tacos."

No racism at all. Did I say their race determined at birth that these would be thir sole concerns? No. Is it true? Prove that I'm wrong!

The Vinth/Boortz view of racism is a get out of jail free card. It allows him to believe anything he wants and assign it to any group of people he wants. He doesn't have to back it up, and he doesn't have to apologize because the fact that they are mostly horrible, irresponsible, corrupt, etc. was not determined by their birth. It's just the way all those people are right now. They may have been taught their faults by thir parents or society or their own culture, but at birth they were as white as you and me.

Here's what I hate. Ignorant white trash like you. You can take 'em out of the trailor park, but their still pigs, they still stink and they spread their bigotry and hatred everywhere they go. It's not genetics, it's their culture. Hang around a bunch of them for a while, let one talk about compassion toward others and watch the fists and drool fly. How do I know? Going out and talking to groups of young white trash . I also had a roomate who was white trash. Are my life experiences less valid than yours? Prove I'm wrong.